Wednesday 23 April 2014

Review: HD Brows at iBrows etc

As you may have seen in my beauty wishlist for this year, I've fancied getting the HD Brows treatment. I decided to take the plunge recently and searched Wahanda for salons in central London offering HD Brows. One of the top rated results was iBrows etc which is just a short walk from Selfridges at Marble Arch.

HD Brows are a 7 step treatment to perfectly defined eyebrows tailored to you. The steps consist of:

1) Consultation/assessment - looking at your face shape, colouring and natural brows to determine the best result you can get
2) Tinting - this covers all brow hairs (even baby hairs) to maximise your results
3) Waxing - above and below your brows
4) Threading - to remove any fluffy surrounding hairs
5) Tweezing - to pluck out any remaining out of place hairs
6) Trimming - to really fine-tune the shape
7) Aftercare - going through and applying any extra pencil, powder or gel that may be beneficial to obtaining the best result.

Before your first HD Brows appointment with a salon you're required to do a quick patch test. You are able to get them online but I opted to just pop into the salon where they immediately tested a spot of the dye they use behind my ear. You're supposed to leave this and see if you get any reaction from it over the next 24 hours. Fortunately I had none.

Two days later I came in for my appointment. The salon itself is pretty nice, spacious and conveniently located just a couple of minutes walk from a tube stop. After filling out some forms I was taken straight to the reclining chair for my treatment. I must admit, the 1st consultation and assessment step was pretty disappointing. She briefly asked what my current eyebrow routine was and didn't really ask for what I wanted to achieve. I explained briefly anyway - I didn't want to come away with ridiculous eyebrows just because I wasn't asked! I just had to put faith in her expertise!

She quickly moved on to the tinting, making up an ashy brown shade close to the shade of my natural eyebrows. The dye was applied very carefully & I was surprised to find it only took a few minutes to develop. She cleaned off the dye and moved on to waxing, threading and tweezing. This is the first time I've had any of these done by anyone (except obviously I pluck my own eyebrows) so I can't really comment on how painful it was compared to other beauticians! However it wasn't too unpleasant, it just made my eyes water until it occurred to me that I should probably just close my eyes for the remainder of the hair removal - this was much more relaxing!

Before:
HD Brows, iBrows etc, eyebrows, brow tinting, brow waxing, eyebrow threading, blonde
After:
HD Brows, iBrows etc, eyebrows, brow tinting, brow waxing, eyebrow threading, blonde

Each step of the hair removal was very precise and she took the time to get it just right, ending the shaping with a brief trim. She then applied some powder to my skin to hide the redness (not that it was too bad) and moved on to using HD Brows Eye Brow Pencil and Brow Beater Setting Lotion to put some finishing touches on the whole look.

iBrows etc provide an aftercare sheet along with some individual tips from the beautician, so I'll keep these up for as long as possible before I book my next appointment. One thing I really like was within an hour of my appointment they sent me an email thanking me for my visit & they attached some high quality photos of the before and after photos they took. They post plenty of before/after shots on Instagram which I really like - it's nice to see what sort of results you can expect from a specific salon.

HD Brows, iBrows etc, eyebrows, brow tinting, brow waxing, eyebrow threading, blonde

I was really impressed with how tidy the final results are. I do think perhaps they're a little dark for me but otherwise I'm very happy with them and I'm definitely planning to go back. I stupidly thought that having my eyebrows done wouldn't really make them that much neater than I could do them myself but I am pleased to say I was totally wrong and fooling myself! Finally I have the precise, neat eyebrows I envy some people for. Honestly I don't think the photographs have captured them as well as they look in real life.

I found and booked my HD Brows treatment with a Senior Beauty Therapist at iBrows etc through Wahanda for £35.



HD Brows, iBrows etc, eyebrows, brow tinting, brow waxing, eyebrow threading, blonde

5 comments:

  1. These look so good - I need to get my brows done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brows looks amazing, definitely going to find one in my local area!
    Love your blog, new follower!
    Jess xo
    madeyoulookbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brows look amazing :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Maybe want follow each other? if yes, just follow me and i follow you back :)
    xoxo
    http://smellofpeony.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Eyebrow Threading in San Diego

    ReplyDelete