Friday 7 February 2014

Review: Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder Porcelain Pearl

pale skin, finishing powder, Bobbi Brown, Illuminating, dewy Bobbi Brown's Brightening Finishing Powder in Porcelain Pearl was the first product in my 2014 Beauty Wishlist that I decided to purchase, mainly because it just looked so pretty! I didn't really feel like I had a need for it, but now that I own it I'm so glad I bought it!

pale skin, finishing powder, Bobbi Brown, Illuminating, pastel colours

This pastel coloured powder is designed to illuminate your skin to give you a healthy glow. Bobbi Brown say it has a "blend of Mulberry, Grape and Scutellaria extracts, as well as Sodium Hyaluronate (beloved for its moisture magnet-like effect) to help keep skin fresh and smooth looking". In store I was told that this powder would not set my make up and instead should be applied after setting, however when asking their Twitter account I was told it could be used as a setting powder. I experimented myself and personally I find it sufficiently sets my make up.

I apply this illuminating powder with a large, soft powder brush after I've applied my my foundation, concealer and contouring/highlighting. It really helps to give a fantastic, almost translucent glow above my base make up and seems to be the perfect level of dewiness without looking shiny or shimmery. I apply my blush, eye make up and lipstick afterwards however. I find it's absolutely perfect for pale skin but they also offer different shades for those with darker complexions.

pale skin, finishing powder, Bobbi Brown, Illuminating, dewy

Whilst the metallic silver case is beautiful, it doesn't go particularly well with make-up covered fingers! It has a good sized mirror inside the compact which is useful for emergencies, although with the £40 price tag, I don't risk carrying it around on a regular basis for fear of dropping and smashing it!

Overall I really like this product and I'd say it's likely going to be a future re-purchase for me. Unfortunately the results were kind of hard to capture in a photo, but I've been very impressed with the actual results.

UPDATE 27 Feb 2014: I wanted to post a quick update to say that I found I soon hit the bottom of the container using this product, so it really doesn't last very long (I don't personally think I was over applying). This occurred within about a month. For this reason I'd definitely not re-purchase so lightly as I would anticipate using this up completely within 2-3 months.

pale skin, finishing powder, Bobbi Brown, Illuminating, dewy

pale skin, finishing powder, Bobbi Brown, Illuminating, dewy

8 comments:

  1. I fell in love with this finishing powder when I saw it, after your review it is definitely something that I'll be buying in the next few weeks!

    www.daredtolook.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah yeah, it's so pretty, I couldn't resist it! So glad I did though :)

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful on you! Beth xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks awesome!

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm really liking it, but I have found it's quickly used up! I will update my post to reflect this!

      Delete