Thursday 24 October 2013

Review: Bleach London Rosé Super Cool Colour

I couldn't resist trying one of Bleach London's new pastel coloured temporary hair colours. Their bottles are so quirky and stylish and they claim to only take 15 minutes to dye your hair.

I reached out to Bleach London on social networks for some colour charts, but unfortunately I was ignored :( bit disappointed but I proceeded to visit Boots to see if they could give me a better idea of the expected results. The bottles do contain a small image on the back of the potential result on bleach blonde hair, but finding a colour I wanted in stock proved to take multiple visits.

hair, hair dye, colourful, bleached hair

Eventually I found the last bottle of Rosé on a Sunday afternoon and quickly took it to the till. Even though I didn't get home til late, I was so eager to try this product that I decided to dye my hair at the risky time of 11pm, there's no going back from that!

The instructions tell you to shampoo your hair first, towel dry and then apply the dye with rubber gloves on, massage in and leave on your hair for 15 minutes. Not long at all! Obviously a dye like this requires pre-lightened hair. I decided to shampoo my hair with my usual John Frieda purple toner to get rid of any brassy tones (although I've also picked up Bleach London's Silver Shampoo which I'm yet to try).

The dye was very different to every other dye I've ever used, it's a really thick, paste-like texture. It's great to prevent your dye from dripping when you're waiting for it to develop, but takes a fair bit of massaging through. I used approximately half the bottle to cover my shoulder length hair. As it develops, the colour turned to a very bright pink and I was starting to get worried, I only wanted candyfloss pink! One thing worth mentioning is that this dye actually smells really lovely!

I then washed it out (it took a while for the water to run clear). Once washed out, it suggests you don't shampoo/wash again, I wasn't sure if I could use conditioner, so I opted for a leave-in conditioner instead as my hair felt like it needed some moisture.

Upon drying the colour became much paler and I was left with the pastel pink shade I was looking for. The colour was pretty even but I noticed it didn't take as well to my latest root touch up as the they were a much paler pink than the ends. Overall though I was very pleased with the result, very impressive for the low cost and time.

hair, hair dye, colourful, bleached hair

You can pick up Bleach London's Super Cool Colours at Boots for just £5 a bottle.

As for staying power, it does seem to fade fairly fast but for me this was a bonus as I'm looking to just temporarily change up my style and it makes it easy to try out all the other colours. I actually really loved the colour of this after my first shampoo, it was a lovely pale lilac-pink that I might even like more than the original colour!

Have you tried any Bleach London Super Cool Colours? I'm thinking of trying Blullini and Parma Violets together next.

26 comments:

  1. Color looks cute on you.

    www.candycrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me miss my pink hair more and more! I loved when it faded into a pastel shade-- this looks really good on you~ And the bottle seems to appear fairly true to the shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's so easy to get dye envy! It's why I'm here in the first place, hah! Yes the bottle colour is very similar, which is nice. I don't think it's the same for all the colours though. Hopefully I'll be able to check a few more colours out soon.

      Delete
  3. You look so cute with pink hair. I'd love to try this if I could get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! It's just come out here so hopefully they'll have plans to ship elsewhere soon!

      Delete
  4. I love your blog!

    I've started following you on GFC and hopefully you can return the favor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa! I'll go check out your blog now!

      Delete
  5. Love this post! The colour looks really great on you! I'm hoping to colour my blonde hair with this Rose colour next weekend too. How many washes did it last for you before rinsing completely out?
    G x
    http://littleowlbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! So my hair is still tinged with pink after 3 washes. It's quite subtle now but I really like how this colour fades. Good luck with the dying session! x

      Delete
  6. Hi lovely! what colour is on your nails? It's gorgeous!

    Ally x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I can't remember the specific name, but it's from Lime Crime and they only do a few colours so it should be easy to find! Planning to blog about them soon actually :)

      Delete
  7. Hi lovely! what colour is on your nails? It's gorgeous!

    Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so pretty! Love this colour!

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I miss it now it's faded. I must do it again :)

      Delete
  9. Hey, I was thinking of using this colour myself, and it looks really lush on you! How long did it last as I do want it to go back to my normal bleached blonde hair without any pink stains! Would be lovely if you could get back to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I was thinking of using this colour myself, and it looks really lush on you! How long did it last as I do want it to go back to my normal bleached blonde hair without any pink stains! Would be lovely if you could get back to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you! The colour lasted about 3-4 washes with me, but I did like the faded colour more than the original colour to be honest! It definitely didn't leave any stains, it's very mild compared to other dyes. Hope this hlelps :)

      Delete
  11. Hey I really want to go this colour! I currently have dark blonde/mousey brown hair, should I bleach it first? Thanks :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Catherine! Yeah I think the colour is likely to be far more effective on bleached/lighter blonde hair. The dark blonde at my roots didn't really absorb much pink in comparison. Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for posting this. My friend mentioned bleach to me as I've wanted to dye my tips pink for a while. At least seeing the colour helps confirm I want this one! And if it comes out relatively quickly, that's helpful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help! Yeah I like that it faded fast (and through some lovely pastel pink colours!)

      Delete
  13. Looks great on you!! Im lightening my hair next week using the bleach toner & bleach. Im going to try the rose & the parma violet. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I'm using this on Thursday so I do hope mine turns out like yours !!
    A
    http://oldromantics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your hair do you know if they ship in the us???

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your hair do you know if they ship in the us???

    ReplyDelete