Monday 11 March 2013

3 Brands for Hair Repair

Lately I've really started to notice some damage to my hair, probably due to the lightness of blonde dye I use combined with straightening it (usually around 4 days a week). However I know that when I used to dye my hair black the condition was far better and it grew long fast. So I've been making some more attempts to repair my hair and help it grow long! Alongside starting to use a darker shade of blonde hair dye, I've tried a few shampoos & conditioners that are supposed to condition and repair.

Inecto Pure Coconut Moisture Infusing Shampoo and Intensely Hydrating Hair Repair Treatment

The first hair treatment I tried was the Inecto Pure Coconut 'Moisture Infusing Shampoo' and 'Intensely Hydrating Hair Repair Treatment'. These were the cheapest of all the products I purchased but did have (a few) very good reviews on Amazon.

Upon applying it to wet hair, the shampoo and repair treatment did not have that silky feel I usually associate with moisturising hair treatments. Instead it felt quite dry and the conditioner wasn't easy very to comb through. . The instructions tell you to leave the repair treatment in for 3-5 minutes, but I made it more like 10 before washing out.


They did not leave my hair particularly soft, but it did have a shine to it, I also found that it kept my hair from going greasy for far longer than any other shampoos and conditioners I've ever used, so if you know you have a long gap between washes (maybe some travelling or a festival) I'd definitely recommend it to keep your hair looking nice and fresh for that time. The Pure Coconut products had a nice coconut scent that wasn't too overpowering, unfortunately it didn't stay once my hair was dry. Overall I wouldn't use this as a conditioning treatment but do find it a useful purchase nevertheless.

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque

macadamia hair masque mask deep repair conditionerSecondly I tried the most expensive of my products; the Macadamia Natural Oil 'Deep Repair Masque'. Instantly upon application this rich masque felt like a little would go a long way. It glided through my hair easily and it felt like I needed very little of this product to cover my hair, so the higher price tag seems worth the money. It has a pleasant scent, but nothing to rave about. Combing through my hair was easy. I left it on for around 20 minutes, although the packaging recommends 7 minutes.

After leaving my hair to dry naturally, it was left feeling conditioned and soft, with a nice shine to it. Again, very little of the scent was left once my hair was dry.

I was most impressed with this product when I got around to styling my hair. I was able to straighten my hair much quicker and easier than usual and noticed considerably less hair loss.

Pantene Pro-V Protect & Smooth for Coloured Hair

deep repair conditioning coloured dyed treated hairLast up I used the Pantene Pro-v 'Protect and Smooth for Coloured Hair' shampoo and conditioner, after seeing a relatively impressive advert on TV about the importance of them creating different products for different types of hair. With my blonde bleaching, I fit in the coloured hair category.

This shampoo and conditioner were similar in feel and scent as most other similar average-priced store shampoos and conditioners. When applying to wet hair they did feel silky and the conditioner was relatively easy to comb through.

After leaving my hair to dry it was very silky and shiny, however it was also more prone to getting greasy fast. Of all the 3, this one leaves the strongest scent in dry hair.

To sum them up, I'd put them in this order:

  1. Macadamia Natural Oil - Left my hair well conditioned, easier to style with noticeably less hair loss.
  2. Pantene Pro-v - Left my hair sleek & shiny, but didn't feel like it was repairing my hair.
  3. Pure Coconut - My hair was left shiny, but quite dry feeling. Good if you have to leave a long time between washes.
What products would you recommend for keeping your hair in tip-top condition?

No comments:

Post a Comment